October 28 Catoctin Tour
CATOCTIN MOUNTAINS FALL COLORS TOUR
PCA-CHS 2017 Tour No. 10, OCT. 28, Saturday
We will have two Fall Colors Tours this year. The first one will take us to the Catoctin Mountains of Maryland. To enjoy the intense red, orange and yellow leaves of autumn, we do not have to go to Virginia’s congested Skyline Drive or to North Carolina’s distant Blue Ridge Parkway. Right here, in our own backyard in Maryland, we have many wonderful back roads that twist and turn through scenic woods, lovely hills and gorgeous valleys. Join our 10th tour this year, and experience the beauty of fall in some of the most breathtaking back roads in our state. This is a 75-mile drive worthy of our Porsches.
We will gather at 9:00 AM at the parking lot behind Kecco’s Woodfire Kitchen, 114 Westminster Pike, Reisterstown, MD 21136. Note that the restaurant does not open until 11:00 AM, so we will not be able to use its restrooms. Our drivers’ meeting will begin at 9:15 AM, and we will depart by 9:30 AM. We will have a 20-minute pit stop in Thurmont at around 10:30 AM.
Restroom visits before 9:00 AM could be made at such nearby sites as a Food Lion supermarket, a Dunkin’ Donuts shop, a Shell gas station and a Royal Farms gas station.
Our drive will take us to The Main Cup for lunch, at noon. The address there is 14 W. Main St., Middletown, MD 21769. Lunch is optional but highly recommended. Each person or couple will be billed separately. Check out their lunch menu at http://www.themaincuprestaurant.com/.
Please bring a scale model of a Porsche for the Tabletop Concours d’Elegance. Lunch attendees will have a chance to vote for the Peoples’ Choice.
• Register for this event at http://www.clubregistration.net.
• The registration DEADLINE is 11:59 PM, Oct. 24. Confirmations will be sent to all registrants via e-mail.
• If you intend to join us for lunch, please say so when you sign up.
• After your registration is confirmed, please cancel it online if you are unable to attend the tour or lunch.
• We need to know the number of cars and people for our parking and lunch reservations. And we need the drivers’ and passengers’ names for our preprinted PCA waiver forms.
• Driving instructions, drivers’ meeting notes and an overview map will be sent to registrants by Oct. 26.
QUESTIONS – Send questions to email@example.com.