July 15 Covered Bridges Tour
FROM MARYLAND TO PENNSYLVANIA
PCA-CHS 2017 Tour Event No. 5, July 15, Saturday
(Rescheduled; originally May 13)
This tour will take us on a 66-mile drive on twisty, scenic and enjoyable roads in Baltimore, Harford, York (PA) and Lancaster (PA) counties. We will cross three covered bridges and pass by a fourth. At least three of the bridges date back to the 1800s.
We will then eat a hearty lunch at the Plain & Fancy Restaurant, 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand, PA. For more information, visit the restaurant’s Web site at http://www.plainandfancyfarm.com/.
We will gather at 8:00 AM at the Park & Ride lot along Mount Carmel Rd. and I-83 (Exit 27) in Parkton. Our drivers’ meeting will begin at 8:30 AM. After car ID tags are handed out, we will depart at 8:45 AM.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
- Register and pay the fee at http://www.clubregistration.net starting on April 14. Indicate how many people will be in your car and submit their names. The new registration deadline is July 9.
- We need to know the number of cars and people for our parking and table reservations. And we need people’s names for our preprinted PCA waiver forms.
- The cost of our 11-item “Family-Style Amish Farm Feast” is included in the $22 per person registration fee. All inclusive, eat all you can.
- For details, visit http://www.plainandfancyfarm.com/farm-to-table.php#value-family-farm-feast.
- Driving instructions and drivers’ meeting notes (PDF) will be sent to registrants via e-mail by July 11.
The Lancaster County section (about 30%) of our route is based on an April 2016 tour conducted and kindly shared by the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. It was recommended to us by Doug Ehmann.
This event is brought to you for the second year in a row by the Tour & Rally Committee of the Chesapeake Region. Send questions to email@example.com.