March 17 Tour and Rally School
TOUR & RALLY SCHOOL
PCA-CHS 2018 Tour & Rally Event No. 1
March 17, Saturday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Learn how to use Porsche’s cool GTS Routes navigation app. Join our Tour and Rally School on March 17 at the Collectors Car Corral in Owings Mills. The highlight of this event is the session on the free and useful smartphone app.
If you want to do more than enjoy owning and looking after your Porsche, enjoy DRIVING it in our tours and rallies. The school and Porsche app will help you maximize your enjoyment of our events.
This instructional event will explain our tours and rallies – what they are all about, how they are organized and how to get the most pleasure and satisfaction from them. It also aims to prepare the participants for the rallies in the annual Chesapeake Challenge and Porsche Parade.
CLASSROOM SESSIONS ON CAR RALLIES and DRIVING TOURS
- The session on car rallies will present the history of rallying, Porsche’s place in it, and the different kinds of rallies. Steve Graham, PCA Chesapeake’s executive vice president and former rally master, will explain how gimmick and time-speed-distance rallies are set up, as well as how to compete in them.
- Last year, our school’s primary focus was on car rallies. This year, the emphasis will be on driving tours. PCA Chesapeake’s tour & rally masters, Aniano Arao and Randy Moss, will provide an overview of tour planning, preparation and participation. Tips and guidelines will be presented.
- But the school’s MAIN SUBJECT will be the Porsche GTS Routes app for smartphones. With the help of a fully illustrated printed tutorial that he developed, Aniano will explain how to use this navigation app in this year’s tours. He plans to make all of our 2018 tour routes available on the app.
USING PORSCHE GTS ROUTES APP IN A DRIVING TOUR
After about an hour or so of classroom time on tours and the Porsche app, school attendees will have an opportunity to participate in a delightful hour-long driving tour, so that they can put what they have learned into practice. The tour will be followed by a well-deserved and tasty lunch buffet.
LUNCH BUFFET FROM MISSION BBQ
CPR Classic East of Easton, MD, has come forward to subsidize our lunch, allowing us to charge each attendee only $10 for a buffet from Mission BBQ. We will have sliced brisket, pulled pork, and pulled chicken; cheesy potato and cold slaw; bread; various sauces; plus sodas and water.
A short post-tour debrief will be held after lunch. During this session, the participants will get an opportunity to offer their feedback and ask questions. Lessons learned will be discussed.
Collectors Car Corral
10 Music Fair Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Registration: Deadline extended to March 12. Sign up at www.clubregistration.net . This event is limited to 70 people, first-come, first-served. Single registrants are welcome, but participants will be encouraged to take the tour in pairs. Singles will be matched up on the day of the tour. … If the event gets sold out, a waiting list would be created. Cancellations usually occur as the date of an event approaches. … Kindly provide the name of your navigator or passenger, if you are bringing one.
● Cost of lunch: $10 per person: Pre-payment is required to confirm your registration.
● More information: Please send questions to email@example.com . Updates will be forwarded and confirmations will be sent to the e-mail addresses provided by registrants to ClubRegistration.net. Note that this Web site does not send spam, nor does it share its mailing list with third parties.
Our sponsors: Our thanks go to Randy Moss and the Collectors Car Corral, for providing our venue, and to Bruce Wakefield and CPR Classic East, for subsidizing our lunch. CPR Classic East is a Porsche restoration shop in Easton, MD.
Coffee and bagels 8:00 am
Meeting our sponsors 8:45 am
Session 1: Rallies Overview 9:00 am
Break 9:25 am
Session 2: Tours Overview 9:35 am
Break 10:00 am
Session 3: Porsche Routes App 10:10 am
Break 10:35 am
Year’s 1st Driving Tour 10:45 am – 12:20 pm
Lunch buffet 12:30 – 1:30 pm
Session 4: Post-Tour Debrief 1:30 – 2:00 pm
Car Corral Tour 2:00 – 2:30 pm