June 2-4 Tour and Rally
WEST VIRGINIA GRAND TOUR
PCA-CHS 2017 Tour & Rally Event No. 4 – June 2 to 4
Join the premier event of the Chesapeake Region’s Tour & Rally Committee, in June. The registration and room reservation deadline has been extended to May 12.
During our 3-day West Virginia Grand Tour, we will drive on twisty and scenic roads through Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, and Washington counties as we head toward West Virginia.
We will have lunch in Berkeley Springs, spend two nights at the Stonewall Resort in Roanoke (WV), visit the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulphur Springs, have a BBQ party in the historic Annamede Mansion, dine in a mountainside Swiss restaurant, and enjoy driving our Porsches to the hilt on some of West Virginia’s most awesome back roads and mountain roads. On the third day, the drive home will be just as thrilling.
For information about the Stonewall Resort, visit www.stonewallresort.com.
Collectors Car Corral
10 Music Fair Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Schedule of Activities (subject to change)
June 2, Friday
- 8:00 AM: Assemble at Collectors Car Corral for coffee and doughnuts
• 8:30 AM: Drivers’ meeting
• 8:45 AM: Depart for Frederick
• 9:45 AM: Pit stop at a Burger King in Frederick
• 10:05 AM: Depart for Berkeley Springs, WV
• 11:15 PM: Lunch at Tari’s Café in Berkeley Springs
• 1:00 PM: Depart for Stonewall Resort, Roanoke, WV
• 2:30 PM: Pit stop for 20 minutes
- 5:30 PM: Arrive at Stonewall Resort
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at Stonewall Resort
June 3, Saturday
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast at Stonewall Resort
- 8:30 AM: Depart for The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, WV, with pit stop
- 11:30 AM: Arrive at The Greenbrier resort
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at The Greenbrier
- 2:00 PM: Depart for Stonewall Resort; take a different route, with pit stop
- 6:00 PM: Arrive at Stonewall Resort
- 7:00 PM: Depart for Annamede Mansion
- 7:15 PM: Arrive at Annamede, where we will have a dinner party
- 9:30 PM or later: Depart individually for Stonewall Resort
June 4, Sunday
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast
- 10:00 AM: Depart for Helvetia, WV
- 11:30 AM: Lunch at Hutte Swiss Restaurant
- 12:30 AM: Depart for Bridgeport, WV; pit stop at about 2:00 PM
- 2:15 PM: Depart for Romney, WV; pit stop at about 4:45 PM
- 5:00 PM: Depart for Middletown, MD
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at The Main Cup in Middletown
- End of tour; head for home individually from here
Register at www.clubregistration.net from now through May 12. A $30 per person registration fee will be charged. We need the name of every driver and passenger who will take part in the tour, and the number of cars that will join the caravan. Driving instructions and updates will be sent to the e-mail addresses provided to ClubRegistration.net. A pending registration will be confirmed via e-mail only after the $30 per person fee is paid and a corresponding room reservation at the Stonewall Resort is made. The resort will send you its own confirmation via e-mail; the confirmation from ClubRegistration.net will follow.
Please reserve your room as soon as possible, beginning on April 4. The resort could run out of rooms by early May for our June event.
Individuals will be responsible for their own reservations. Reservations will be accepted over the telephone at 304-269-7400 or online at www.stonewallresort.com. They must be made no later than May 12, 2017. On the phone, ask for the “PCACHS” or Porsche Club “room block” to obtain our group rate of $196.10 for each room per night, double or single occupancy, including taxes and fees. Online, provide our “group attendee” code, which is 077975. You will be charged for the first night right away. This will serve as a deposit, but it is refundable if you cancel at least 72 hours before our group’s first of two nights at the resort, or by no later than May 30. The total cost for two nights is $392.20 per room, double or single occupancy, including taxes and fees. The resort’s confirmation of your reservation will show this two-night total, not the one-night deposit.
Tour participants will be responsible for their own meals, in and outside the Stonewall Resort, except for the Saturday dinner at the Annamede Mansion. The cost of that June 3rd dinner will be covered by the registration fees.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “WV Grand Tour” in the subject field.