Dec. 10 KinderTime Drive Tour
PCA-CHS 2017 Tour No. 12, DEC.10, Sunday
Due to the inclement weather tonight and in the morning, we will delay our start time for tomorrow’s KinderTime Toy Drive for an hour.
We will now meet at 9 am.
This is to allow the roads to clear up a bit and hopefully be safer to travel on for all involved.
As part of PCA Chesapeake’s annual Kindertime Toy Drive and Linda’s Legacy Charity Event – weather permitting – we usually go on a driving tour from Porsche of Towson to the drop-off point for the toys that we collect for the less fortunate children in the Baltimore area. This year, that part of the tour will be optional.
One group of cars will go to the drop-off center in Baltimore and then proceed to our lunch destination. Two other groups will head straight to the Manor Tavern in Monkton, where we will all enjoy a wonderful lunch. We will leave it up to the tour participants whether to join the first group or the other two groups.
Our 12th driving tour this year will take us on delightful back roads in some of the loveliest parts of Baltimore County. Join us if you like driving on smooth and curvy roads, in rolling terrain not far from home.
We will gather at 8:00 AM at Porsche of Towson, 700 Kenilworth Drive, Towson, MD 21204. Please bring brand-new toys and deposit them around the centerpiece in the showroom. Coffee and donuts will be available. Volunteers will then help pack essential items for the homeless into hundreds of Linda’s Legacy backpacks – all purchased with money donated by members of PCA Chesapeake.
Our drivers’ meeting will start at 9:45 AM. The first group of cars will depart by 10:00 AM to deliver our donated toys to the Baltimore drop-off center at 5700 Loch Raven Blvd., 5 miles or 15 minutes away. That group will subsequently head north to Monkton.
The second group of cars will depart by 10:20 AM, to be followed at 10:30 AM by the third group. Both groups will bypass the drop-off center and proceed from Towson straight to Monkton.
A lunch buffet will be waiting for us at the Manor Tavern, 15819 Old York Rd, Monkton, MD 21111. The all-inclusive cost is $26 per person (with tax, gratuity and beverages). This lunch is optional.
Via the most direct route, the Tavern is a 17-mile drive from 5700 Loch Raven Blvd. But the first group of tour participants will be treated to a more meandering and delightful 29-mile drive that will take them around Monkton. Altogether, this route – from Porsche of Towson to Lock Raven Blvd. and then to the Manor Tavern – will cover 34 miles or about an hour of actual driving.
The second and third groups of tour participants will immediately take our scenic drive, following a 30-mile, 50-minute route. All three groups should reach the Manor Tavern between 11:30 AM and 12 noon.
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT
- Register for this tour and prepay $26 per person for the optional lunch at http://www.clubregistration.net.
- The EXTENDED registration DEADLINE is 11:59 PM, Dec. 5. That is also the last day for refunds, if you decide to cancel your registration. Confirmations will be sent to all registrants via e-mail.
- Once your registration has been confirmed, please cancel it online if you are unable to attend the tour.
- We need to know in advance the number of cars and people joining the tour, for our table and parking reservations. And we need the drivers’ and passengers’ names for our preprinted PCA waiver forms.
- Driving instructions, drivers’ meeting notes and overview maps will be sent to registrants by Dec. 9.