April 7 Autocross School
New to AutoX? What is it and how do you do it?
- Are you a new Porsche owner and want to understand what your new machine is capable of?
- Have you owned your Porsche for awhile and have wondered what this thing called “Autocross” is?
- Do you want to become a better driver by understanding how to control your vehicle in emergency situations?
- Are you already a dedicated autocrosser but want to improve your skills?
Our Autocross Driving Instructors will cover many of the finer aspects of autocrossing: general car control, weight transfer, oversteer/understeer corrections, precision braking, and a host of other techniques. The afternoon session is where you will be able to apply what you have learned and receive additional ‘live-fire’ mentoring while on the autocross course.
WHERE: Porsche of Annapolis (Classroom)
20 Hudson St.
Annapolis, MD 21401
Lincoln Tech (Practice AutoX)
9325 Snowden River Pkwy
Columbia, MD 21046
WHEN: Saturday, April 7, 2018
8 AM – 3 PM
Schedule of the day’s events:
- 8:00 – 8:30 Check in at Porsche of Annapolis and pound some coffee!
- 8:30 – 11:00 Class
- 11:00 – 11:30 Tour of Porsche of Annapolis facilities
- 11:30 – 12:15 Lunch at Porsche of Annapolis
- 12:15 – 12:35 Transit to BWI Cargo Lot
- 12:45 – 3:00 Drive basic skills exercises and a full autocross course
COST: $35 dollars for PCA members ($40 dollars if you are not) gets you the classroom session, basic skills driving exercises, and at least three runs through our autocross course.
For new members or first time autocrossers, upon successful completion of the chalk talk, you will receive a discount code for use on MSR.com that will allow for free registration at one 2018 Chesapeake Region Autocross Event (Except Ripken Autocross Event)
Pat Walker and Ryan Golom
PCA Chesapeake Region Autocross Co-Chairs Email: Autocross@PCACHS.org